Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Data Collection is in progress!

I was a little worried the last two weeks since I got my IRB approval later than I was hoping and knowing that testing was going to eat up a lot of my time here soon. But, I got all my parent consent forms in by Thursday last week and was able to video tape two lessons - one on Friday and one this week on Monday. I was relieved to get it in before KPREP started. The extra 30 minutes we added to the day for weather make-up was a perfect time for an extra Spanish lesson. I pulled only the students who had signed consent forms and taught two extra lessons - one using storytelling and one using TPR and a song. Now I'm in the process of watching the videos for what feels like a gazillion billion times and scoring each student's behavior every 30 seconds according to a behavioral engagement rubric. So far so good - I am right on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment